Introductions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave T

Found this forum from a blog post on the P-F. I'm and old geezer. Vietnam Vet, retired LEO, ran my own firearms training business, and I'm a former competitive shooter. I was shooting steel combat matches before IPSC started, then (with others) started IPSC matches in my area. Shot revolver PPC for two years. Helped start IDPA at my home range when it came along. Still doing limited training (one-on-one) for beginners. Looking forward to participating here.

fra1ler

I'm Ryan, currently work in healthcare. been into firearms my whole life, but unfortunately it took me this long to be honest with myself and my capabilities, I'm here trying to soak up all I can. Discovered the modcasts this past year and I binge listen to them. I listen to all kinds of podcasts... The modcasts are the only ones that after 8 hours, I'm still disappointed when its over. Just excellent high quality, honest information from people who really know what they're talking about. Prior to discovering P&S I thought I knew who I wanted to take a class from when time allowed for it. My priorities have changed. Looking forward to possibly getting to a Sentinel concepts or Presscheck consulting class someday in the not to distant future. and also learned I NEED to dry fire. shot a lot of rounds in my life, I’ve improved very little or not at all. I can only get better from here! Really thankful this resource exists, and that you people take the time to put this info out for people who are hungry for it!! ill be lurking around.

Eroc1911

Eric- Active Army Field Artillery Officer (Captain). I've lurked the forums for a couple of years and am a fairly dedicated follower of the modcasts. I shoot somewhat frequently, mostly USPSA and 3 gun but have gotten into Run 'n Gun in the last year. My other interests include fitness, camping, and hiking.

Thanks Matt and team for all of the useful info over the years!

Ben- Been mostly shooting competitions for the last 5 years or so, mainly USPSA in production. Hoping to learn a bit more about the tactical side of things. Planning on improving my subpar carbine skills over the next year or so. Planning on taking a class or two with Green Ops and maybe another group or two. Also enjoy climbing and hiking.

I've really been enjoying the podcast on my commute and at work the long form format really allows an in depth discussion which I appreciate.

Hello P&S Folks,
I just stumbled upon the p&s modcast and have been enjoying listening to this past years episodes.
I am not high speed or of high knowing. I am just a guy who likes firearms and shooting them in competition, for fun, and carries just in case the bad day fairy visits me. In the last few years I have started a new job. Staying at home to raise the kids while my wife continues her LE career. I used to work in remote industrial construction in smaller Alaskan villages and towns.
Most of my shooting these days is at local idpa, uspsa, 2 gun, 3 gun, steel challenge, and the bulk of my shooting is our local range’s shooting league.
I like most all firearms. From black powder to suppressed SBR’s I can enjoy all of them. Revolvers have a special place in my heart but rarely make it into my edc. I actively try not to be a gun snob. We all have the fancy expensive guns but I find that my middle of the road guns get most of my attention. My next time shooting our local 10 week shooting league I plan on competing with a High Point .45 in the single stack division to try to prove the point that pricy gear is not the only thing someone needs. I can’t wait to attend the potluck dinner following the league and see if and who gets beat (i.e. Kimber, Wilson combat, Nighthawk. STI?) by a sub $350.00 complete setup (gun, holster, mags, mag carrier, and dump pouch).
I also like to reload but am still in my infancy in the reloading department.
The Hi Point 10 week shooting league full playlist link.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuPfFnDcrBRHGk8MtwDcPGW0SusHu2uO1

Redrushin

Previously worked in mental health field and currently transitioning to education. Avid martial artist and shooter. Some kydex bending and hunting. NRA Instructor (rifle/pistol) for what that’s worth.

Here to learn and if I have something worthwhile to contribute, will happily do so.

HighTower

HT, 9Yr USMC, 1.5Yr NG, low threat security consulting and tentative LEO association, active interest in PPE. (Vests, Plates and Panels) and survival in SHTF/EOTW scenarios under high altitude.

Working on expanding information in the ballistic and medical domain.

chris de

Chris, LE since the mid-2000s. Most of my LE experience is patrol and some investigations. I’m here to learn about as much as I can about any LE relates topics, and find more resources for training. I’ve been listening to the podcasts for a few years, and I am in some of the P&S Facebook groups.

mkyl3

Matt, Ex Navy, shooting since I was a kid only seriously shooting/training for about 2 yrs now. USPSA/PRS competitor when I can. Been on the facebook groups for a while figured I'd finally jump on here before the inevitable zucking that will happen over there. Mostly here to lurk and listen from dudes with way more experience than myself.

HighTower

Retired and living in Fla. I own a DD214. I enjoy accurate information and enjoy learning. Thank you.

The DD214 is all powerful, i have my first one, and.now working on my second! The armor forum is really academic and hopefully meets your accurate requirement!

Nico

Hey Y’all,

Been a member of the forms for a while realized I never introduced myself. Nico here, 8 years Army Infantry, my progression went Styker driver, regular, SDM, RTO then I joined recon and got moved to the sniper section my last 3.5 years. Currently in a civ job wishing everyday I never got out haha! I do long range in western pa and Ohio. I want to get into 2 gun and maybe make a friend or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.