7.62 Gold Dot

JMaxwell

Does anyone have any experience with Speers new .308 Gold Dot yet?

Being a 168 gr BTSP it looks like it was meant for precision rifles, but what little advertising I’ve seen for it seems to imply it’s for patrol rifles and not precision rifles.
“The kind of performance that is presented with the LE Gold Dot ammunition by Speer is significantly increases the abilities of duty rifles and provides law enforcement personnel a diverse advantage when it matters most. In addition, these new loads boast outstanding feeding in short, very short and standard length AR platforms.”

Attachments

• 7229F87E-48A7-48EC-91C8-DAFFE17B5A82.jpeg
    7229F87E-48A7-48EC-91C8-DAFFE17B5A82.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 8

Default.mp3

Established
I don't think that's new. If that is an accurate picture of the ammo you're asking about, it's been around since at least 2012:
Chad Rohmer said:
We also offer a 168gr (prt#24458) load in our SPEER Gold Dot line. This is a plated round very much like Gold Dot handgun, but with the hollow point closed after the GD punch to aid in feeding, and for a better BC. If you are able to shoot other bullet weights, we offer a 150gr (prt#24457) load also in the Gold Dot line. We are seeing near match accuracy from the Gold Dot rifle loads in many of the rifles and agencies we have tested with. I personally run the 150gr load in my patrol rifle, when i work with the local PD.

I have heard that the 168 gr. tends to overpenetrate against unarmored targets (as a generality of most bonded bullets >150 gr.).

150 gr. Gold Dot is around 2 MOA in my SR-25 CC at 100 yards.