Suggestions for stand-alone plates

Matt K

I got asked to look into options for stand-alone plates (including side plates) to equip a new unit (crime suppression/fugitive apprehension).

Looking for suggestions for some gtg brands/models and maybe even some distributors who are good to deal with.

Unfortunately cost is going to be a consideration...not so much because the budget isn't there, but because their idea of quality often isn't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to move this to the armor subforum so people more educated with armor can comment.

That being said AT Armor is a good place to start.

Grayman

Established
AT armor will be a very good source of info and is competitive in the price game.

I really like the Hesco line of plates

HighTower

I recent compared Hesco 4400 and Highcom 4SAS7 and 4S17M plates, agency's will prefer 4S17M plates due to .06 status while 4SAS7 is 2005 interm.

If you want the cheap and best option, 4SAS7, if you want cheapest, Hesco, if you want agency covered best plates 4S17M. All plates are fantastic.

PM directly if you want the explanation, doing this on my mobile so the formal write out would be a pain to post ATM.

If funds are not an issue, also look into RMA or tencate rebranded as ShotStop...

If IV is not a threat and money is not issue, ShotStop GT is highly recommended. And I'd use this as a chance to test SAS Hexar.