DSG Upper

Nowski

I'm in the process of sourcing parts for a AR pistol build and came across DSG and their uppers. My google fu may be weak but all I can find is good reviews on shopping with them but nothing on their uppers really. I see the advertise here so I'm guessing they are good to go, I just want to be sure. So has anyone here bought and used one? I'm looking at the 11.5 inch utility upper fwiw.

shoobe01

Established
I am not sure they make anything. I have one, have seen a few others, that all seem to be made by specific other manufacturers. They source, so the DSG logo is on it, but that MAY be all.

Mine is a 10" .300 made by Seekins. Accurate, but not totally happy after all with some bits, and it disappointingly came with a setscrew gas block that sure did get loose and cause stoppages for a while. Pulled and it had no loctite, nothing for the setscrews to hang on to, etc so we dimpled the barrel, added threadlocker and cranked to machinist-handbook max-spec for the screws. I will likely hang onto it and just change out the rail sometime (if anyone has a suitable-length VTAC Alpha, tell me!)

For the price, if you have tools and parts, probably worth it. Similar prices are from much sketchier places, gun show bubbas, etc. But be aware, and read the specs very carefully as to what you are getting.

Nowski

I am not sure they make anything. I have one, have seen a few others, that all seem to be made by specific other manufacturers. They source, so the DSG logo is on it, but that MAY be all.

Mine is a 10" .300 made by Seekins. Accurate, but not totally happy after all with some bits, and it disappointingly came with a setscrew gas block that sure did get loose and cause stoppages for a while. Pulled and it had no loctite, nothing for the setscrews to hang on to, etc so we dimpled the barrel, added threadlocker and cranked to machinist-handbook max-spec for the screws. I will likely hang onto it and just change out the rail sometime (if anyone has a suitable-length VTAC Alpha, tell me!)

For the price, if you have tools and parts, probably worth it. Similar prices are from much sketchier places, gun show bubbas, etc. But be aware, and read the specs very carefully as to what you are getting.
Thanks for the heads up. If I have an issue I can address that.