The Roland Special

Freedom Forged

This is kind of a cross post from The Workbench section. But it involves so much of the RS I thought I would repost here.

Pertinent info:
G 19.3
RMR
KKM barrel
AA 417 Comp

Issue:
Since adding the Comp every 3rd to 5th round it ejects casing against the RMR glass.

Ammo:
115gr Blazer, AE, IMI, Magtech, Reloads

Attempts at correcting the issue:
Replaced the 336 Ejector with 30274 Ejector
Replaced the OEM Extractor with a new OEM Extractor
Replaced the OEM Extractor Plunger with White Sound HRED Plunger

I have read that this setup works better with 124 and 147 but I have 4k of 115. I spoke with tech support at AA and he suggested I go to a 15lb RSA so I have ordered an ISMI 15lb RSA. I'm going to try that and am willing to try any suggestion you guys make here. I want to run the comp but I'm starting to get a little leery of changing part A to make B work and part C to make B work etc.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Ewok Steve

One of my guys has a Gen 5 w/ the KKM comp and it locks up in his Safariland ALS holster. The gaps between the comp and the slide are large enough that the ALS mechanism engages on them as it typically does on the ejection port. That is not to say that this is guaranteed - there have been several others whose gen 5 KKM set ups work just fine in the ALS holsters, just something to be aware of.

Rick

Did they find a solution for this? Having the same issue on 19x + KKM Comp

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Did they find a solution for this? Having the same issue on 19x + KKM Comp

He went to a different holster - he is currently deployed so trying to find a way to make it work will have to wait for a bit. I will let you know if he comes up with something.

Rick

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Mine is an X-Carry, which is more like the G19X than a standard G19 - Compact (3.9" barrel) slide length on a fullsize (17 round capacity) grip module.

Parts I've added to the base gun include the OEM Sig magwell from an X-Five, Sig Romeo1 red dot, Surefire X300U (obviously), and Bar-Sto compact threaded barrel plus Springer Precision "shorty" compensator with 1/2x28 threading to match the comp. You can order the comp and Bar-Sto barrel through Springer Precision's online store.

Similar to the way a RS will fit in most G34+X300U holsters, this setup will fit in most holsters meant for the Sig X-Five+X300U

Brad Trittipo

Gen 4 GLOCK 19 MOS, ZEV Technologies Threaded Match Barrel, Primary Machine Compensator, Agency Arms Magwell, Ameriglo suppressor height irons, SureFire X300 and a Trijicon RMR Gen 2 with 6 MOA dot. Only other addition I will add will be either a modify Glock factory beavertail grip or a Grip Force Adaptor. Kicking around the idea of sending it off to Boresight for a Duty grip package.

So far I have tested Remington Arms Company 115 gr Green Box, Asym Precision Ammunition 147 gr Match and Bobcat Armament / Bobcat Steel 124 gr and 147 gr ammunition. Remington 115 gr Greenbox caused stovepipe malfunctions with nearly every round. Asym Precision 147 match was producing stovepipe malfunctions every 5-10 rounds. Bobcat Armament 124 gr and 147 gr have been 100% reliable so far. I have not tested the Asym in a non compensated pistol, so I can not say the issues are related solely to this platform.

fullsizeoutput_b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9.jpeg

Yondering

Nice gun. You might consider MOS height suppressor sights to get the full benefit of that setup. Looks like your standard suppressor sights are not really high enough to be useful, which is why MOS height sights exist.

djsticky

Amateur
Just an update + one datapoint. My gen 5 is finished and presents no issues in a 6390RDS. Rear iron is forward of the RMR and does not interfere with the ALS, the comp/bevel miss-match does not catch on the ALS. The enhanced slide serrations do grind a bit on the draw but I figure after a few hundred draw strokes that will take care of itself (or ruin the fit of the gun in the holster).

Currently on the hunt for a ball round with a remotely similar POI to 124g +p HST. My 124 NATO ball is a good 3 inches low and left at 25. I may make a separate thread for recommendations of ball to try out.

Yondering

@Yondering , oddly enough you can see the top of the sights through the lens but not the entire sight picture.

Who makes the MOS height sights?

I know Dawson makes some, not sure who else might now.

I like to have the bottom of the rear sight notch just clear the bottom of the RMR window, so the whole dot or tritium insert in the front sight is visible in co-witness. That seems to work well for a good sight picture without blocking much of the view through the window.

MR2

Jacque Schitt here wondering about Roland G43 or G26 for AIWB CCW possibilities.

This thread mentions only one doing a G26, but nothing on the G43. Any thoughts why?

Looking at specs of the two, the G43 has a .28" thinner slide. But with the fat-ass lights that are recommended here - one might as well carry a .45... For the weight difference the G26 loaded weight is less gain than the unloaded weight difference.

Trying to understand a little more on this new (for me) concept. Thank you.

Grizzly

Jacque Schitt here wondering about Roland G43 or G26 for AIWB CCW possibilities.

This thread mentions only one doing a G26, but nothing on the G43. Any thoughts why?

Looking at specs of the two, the G43 has a .28" thinner slide. But with the fat-ass lights that are recommended here - one might as well carry a .45... For the weight difference the G26 loaded weight is less gain than the unloaded weight difference.

Trying to understand a little more on this new (for me) concept. Thank you.
Just a WAG here but I'd go with the challenges of getting a quality red dot mounted on a g43 size gun.

Yondering

I've used a 43 with a RMS Shield sight milled into the slide. I'm not super impressed with that optic (being more accustomed to the quality of the RMR and Deltapoint), but that little 43 with a red dot is a good combo. Even the RMS Shield is a bit wider than the 43 slide though, and IMO the RMR on that gun just seems like a sombrero on a little kid.

I do intend to turn my 43 into a mini-RS when I decide on an appropriate dot. It'll have minimal barrel extension with threads as short as possible to keep the brake compact, and will be used with some sort of tuckable holster.